How do you use technology to get insight from information? Whether you work for a small nonprofit, large government agency, or private sector firm, the demand to capture and visualize quantifiable results has never been greater. This four week online certificate course will focus on building skills and strategies to better collect, manage, analyze and visualize data using a variety of ICT tools.
A number of Information Communication Technologies (ICTs) have been developed to address these needs such as social media analytics tools, mapping and data visualization software, mobile data collection systems and more. Understanding the tools and best practices available for gathering information, applying it to your project challenges, and assessing the results is necessary for project success.
This four week online certificate course will feature live interactive guest expert presentations with leading M&E practitioners, software developers, and data scientists. It will also include a unique hands-on learning environment with animated videos, technology demos, practical activities, networking events, immersive simulations and more.
For a more detailed syllabus, please click here.
Course Topics and Featured Tech
- Introduction to Tech for M&E: Overview of types of M&E and technologies that can be used, data responsibility, and big data
- Data collection: SMS, phone apps, data collection for qualitative and quantitative data, and data storage
- Data Analysis: Data visualization, mapping, and dashboards
- Integrating Technology-Enabled M&E: Human centered design, real-time M&E, and impact evaluation
At the conclusion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Critically analyze both the opportunities and the pitfalls that emerge when working with technology to carry out monitoring and evaluation work
- Connect relevant development theories to the technological strategies and tools discussed in the course
- Manage specific software platforms and tools for monitoring and evaluation activities
- Design dynamic and effective strategies for using tools and platforms improve monitoring and evaluation efforts
- Develop critical self-confidence for working with technology to address monitoring and evaluation challenges
- This course is delivered entirely online over a period of four weeks.
- This course features several live interactive expert presentations each week with leading practitioners, software developers, academics, and donors.
- Every live event is recorded and archived for you to watch later.
- This course also features a unique hands-on learning environment with animated videos, technology demos, practical activities, networking events, office hours, participant presentations, immersive simulations, and more.
- TechChange recommends budgeting a minimum commitment of 5-7 hours per week and scheduling time for the course around your existing obligations.
- Participants will have access to all course content for at least 4 months after course completion so the material can be completed and revisited later.