AKDN eHRC is offering a year-long online certificate course in eHealth. This course is designed to build the eHealth capacities of professionals working in the health sector. It focuses on helping the audience understand the concepts of eHealth, implement eHealth solutions and address the challenges around eHealth service delivery, primarily in low- and-middle income countries.
By the end of the course, participants would be able to:
- Define health and identify health care needs of the developing world;
- Understand basic concepts of Information and Communication Technology (ICT);
- Define eHealth and discuss its importance and applications in health care;
- Understand advance concepts of ICT and its application in health care;
- Explore the applications of telemedicine services;
- Understand the uses and potentials of mobile technologies for health care;
- Explore the scope of eLearning and the process of setting-up an eLearning programme;
- Identify the role and importance of Health Information Systems;
- Understand the process of eHealth management and integration into existing health systems;
- Explain the concept and process of monitoring and evaluation for eHealth projects;
- Develop a proposal for an eHealth service delivery project.
The course consists of 11 modules. Each module is delivered asynchronously over a period of three weeks. The modules details, objectives, and timelines are described in the respective module tab. Students will be expected to commit six to nine hours (two to three hours per week) for each module and will be required to interact online with course participants and/or course facilitators at least once a week. Students will be graded on the quality and quantity of their online interaction along with their performance in mid-term and final assessments. A certificate of participation will be awarded to successful participants at the end of each module and upon completion of the entire course.
Each module below also includes a video explains the module, walks you through the weekly activities that you will perform and outlines what is expected of you from this module.
You can either register for the whole course or opt to register for individual modules.
Early bird registration ends Febraury 28, 2017. Hurry and register to avail the 10% discount!