The Nutrition Handbook for the Family provides practical guidance for good nutrition and health practices. We hope that these apps will contribute to improving the nutritional status of people, especially women and young children, by increasing their knowledge through group sharing and discussion promoted by frontline health workers and other organized groups and communities.
These apps are adapted from the Nutrition Handbook for the Family published by FAO-Nepal and reinforce the following key messages:
- Personal and household hygiene
- Keeping food safe and clean
- Foods are very important for the body
- Iron makes the body strong
- Vitamin A keeps the body healthy
- Iodine makes the body function properly
- Food for pregnant women and breast-feeding mothers
- Feeding babies aged 0-6 months
- Feeding young children aged over 6 months
- Feeding school-age children and youth
- Food and care for older people
- Feeding sick people
- Preventing and managing malnutrition
Once installed, these apps work offline; they do not require a connection to a mobile network.